Connect with us

Apps

Largest video streaming service of India breaks compatibility of Safari to fix their security flaw

mm

Published

on

Largest video streaming service of India breaks compatibility of Safari to fix their security flaw

Hotstar which is now one of the largest video streaming platform services with more than 300 million users, has decided to disable their support for Apple’s web browser Safari this Friday. They have taken such a big step because of a security flaw that allowed unauthorized usage of the platform.

This kind of issue has come into notice when people are watching the ICC World Cup cricket tournament on the streaming platform. Hotstar is basically operated by Star India, which is a part of the 20th Century Fox that was acquired by Disney.

A lot of people using Hotstar started to complain about not being able to use Hotstar on their browser Safari, the company’s official support account asserted that”technical limitations” on Apple’s part were the bottleneck.

The account tweeted Friday evening:

“These limitations have been from Safari; it is very little we can do on this.”

A source from Hotstar has said that the engineers at Hotstar have been able to identify a security hole with which people can use Hotstar in an unauthorized manner. Hotstar is now working hard so that they can solve the issue of security and get the platform up and running in no time. The security flaws will only be possible if people want to use Hotstar from the browser Safari. The company has come out with an official statement and said that people should use Chrome or Firefox temporarily to make sure that they can enjoy the service.

Hotstar which is the rival of Amazon prime videos and Netflix is still way ahead of all the platforms in comparison to content and customer base. Last month, Hotstar claimed to set a global record by drawing a total of 18 million viewers in a live cricket match.

Source

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Apps

Amazon Spark, the two-year-old Instagram competitor has finally shut down

Published

on

Amazon Spark, the two-year-old Instagram competitor has finally shut down

The two-year-old Amazon Spark, the competitor of Instagram has finally closed its business. With the growing popularity of social media, Amazon has capitalized on the shopping trends and released Amazon Spark so that it can compete with Instagram. The experiment which is popularly known as Amazon Spark has finally come to an end.

The service which has been provided by Amazon Spark is very bland in nature. On Instagram, people can follow their friends, interests, and brands which makes it very engaging. Amazon Spark is much more focused on sale and shopping. The company had tried to mock Instagram previously with different fashion inspirations, but Instagram can win over them because the reach of Instagram is much more widespread.

Amazon, till now, has not commented anything about this and when they were asked about the company shutting down, they did not reveal anything. Amazon has decided that they need to comment on the apparent shutdown of the Spark but all the services which were present on the website are all gone now.

The URL of the site amazon.com/spark now redirects to the new site, #FoudItOnAmazon. The site is like a product discovery tool

There has been a lot of use for the interesting find tab since the year 2016 for people who are looking to make everything easy. This was the perfect way for the platform to let people browse all the different looks in a convenient manner.

The site Interesting Finds has a very clean look and it makes looking for products on the website very convenient. People who know about this option often use it and they are the one who has mentioned about the service being discontinued.

According to all the latest reports, from the company, it is evident that Spark is the one which is shutting down and Interesting Finds will still be available so that it feels convenient for the people.

source

Continue Reading

Apps

Airbnb is coming up with ‘Adventure’ which will give a huge thrill to the tourists

Published

on

Airbnb is coming up with Adventure which will give a huge thrill to the tourists

Airbnb is coming up with a new venture with which they can grow their business. On that case, they are adding a new thrill to the not so good housing system. They are calling that venture as Airbnb Adventures. Actually, it is a register of all the trips and tours anyone had on their last three days. They have made sure that it will go beyond the city walking tour.

There are few trips in which the tour members can have the actual experience of the wildlife. This wildlife venture can be held in the deep jungles of Kenya. On this trip, the company gives a guarantee where the members can “encounter lions” and they will have a good time in the campfire where they can learn how to make bush tea.” The cost of this adventure tour is only $500 per person. At this rate, the included services are two-night stays, drinks, and five-time meals.

To make this “adventure” program big, Airbnb is working very hard. They are taking all kinds of suggestions from all the tour party guides and the companies who organize small tours like a jungle safari. They need to increase their connection with these local organizers so that they can expand this project in a top class level. Different types of experiences are very important. The organization is also working on some terms and conditions which will help them to do all kinds of activities very safely and securely.

The main focus of Airbnb is to invest in the core areas that will give a good outcome to the core product of short-term-peer-to-peer vacation. It also works for the house rents and they have first time came with these adventures in the year of 2016. It is also trying to come in the streaming media. Probably they will come with this new feature this year.

source

Continue Reading

Apps

Telegram has again faced an attack of DDoS in China

Published

on

Telegram has again faced an attack of DDoS in China

Telegram is one of the popular messaging services which is encrypted through end to end connections. They had to face an issue of denial of services which is known as (DDoS). The attack caused huge problems. The clients came on the road of HongKong in protest.

Last several days were very hectic for the consumers. They are protesting against the law in such a way that can bring down the municipality more directly under mainland China’s authoritarian government.

The organizers of this messaging app have already turned in the encrypted messaging services. It will help to avoid the monitoring system of government officials.

The telegram was the first one who reacted to the comment of attack a few hours ago on twitter. It was done in the late afternoon on Wednesday in the city of Hong Kong.

The company has described the issue of DDos on twitter. Telegram said that:

“your servers get GADZILLIONS of garbage requests which stop them from processing legitimate requests. Imagine that an army of lemmings just jumped the queue at McDonald’s in front of you – and each is ordering a whopper,” and they also added that “The server is busy telling the whopper lemmings they came to the wrong place – but there are so many of them that the server can’t even see you to try and take your order.”

This is not the first time where Telegram is facing this kind of attack. Four years ago, they were devastated by this kind of attack where the human rights lawyer was cracked down in China. There was an article which was published in the Hong Kong Free Press which stated the situations of the mainland. The company’s website version was turned down in the cities of Beijing, Yunnan, Shenzhen, Heilongjiang and at Inner Mongolia.

At that very moment, the lawyers were involved in these issues of human rights. They made the organization to confess about their involvement in this attack and how they diverted the monitoring system of the government.

According to China Daily, which is a state-run newspaper stated that the lawyers were using this app for  “attacks on the [Communist] Party and government.”

When the attack occurred, no officials of the Telegram app, including chief executive Pavel Durov commented anything on this issue.

Even now, they are not giving any information. Durov stated on a tweet that:

“IP addresses coming mostly from China,” and he also added that  “Historically, all state actor-sized DDoS (200-400 Gb/s of junk) we experienced coincided in time with protests in Hong Kong (coordinated on @telegram). This case was not an exception.”

 

Continue Reading

Trending